My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Getting Things Done

Yesterday morning the temperature was very pleasant in the garage. I was able to keep working until I had all the things picked up off the floor and put away in the new cabinets. It really feels good to look around and see an organized garage. One of the cabinets is only 24 inches wide. It was my intention to use it to store my long-handle garden tools. I did not realize that one shelf was fixed in place in the center of the cabinet to provide stability. Since I can't put the long-handle tools in the cabinet I have to resort to Plan B. I searched for some way to store the tools on the Internet yesterday. I do not want a rack that has to be mounted on the wall. I finally found a stand that sits on the floor that is made by Black and Decker that is designed for long-handle tools. Lowes carries it, and the website indicated the Frisco store has it in stock. I will buy it the next time I go that direction.
 
As far as I can tell, all of the garage items are present and accounted for except for an old pair of slip-joint pliers. My father gave me those pliers. It is silly to be sentimental over a pair of pliers, but I felt bad that I could not find them. I found that Sears has a set of pliers on sale. I will order them and pick them up on my next shopping trip. I used to buy quite a bit in the way of tools and garden equipment from Sears. I would order from their catalog. When they discontinued the catalog, I stopped buying from Sears. I had not been into to their store for a number of years until last year. I bought a new shop vacuum which I really like from them. Then I bought the washer, dryer and refrigerator from them. Now I have my garage cabinets. I think Sears has treated me very well. All of their deliveries have been on time. They were nice about exchanging the defective washing machine. I am beginning to understand how their Internet sales work. If you have an item sent to your home their delivery charges are much higher than I am willing to pay; but if you pick up the item at the store, you can avoid the delivery charges.
 
The temperature is supposed to drop into the thirties tonight and the high will only be in the forties tomorrow. The warm weather that we had last week almost tempted me to plant the caladium bulbs that I purchased. My email friend told me to wait until April 15 to plant them. It looks like she gave me good advice. My email friend is now my neighbor. She and her husband moved into Frisco Lakes on Wednesday.
 
I got more new clothes from LL Bean yesterday. I have received four packages over the last few weeks. I am getting ready for warm weather. The trouble with getting mail-order clothes is that arrive with lots of wrinkles and have to be ironed. It seems like no matter how hard I work I can't catch up with my chores,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    There are certain items I have always bought from Sears. My washer and dryer came from Sears 21 years ago and they're still going strong. My lawn mower is also from Sears and I've had it for what seems like forever. Most of my tools are from Sears too. Have a nice weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.