My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Update

I keep thinking things are going to slow down, and I can sit in my recliner and catch up on the TV shows on the DVR that I have recorded. It isn't happening. Sunday afternoon I planted my flowers and caladium bulbs. We may have another round of violent storms this afternoon. Hail and heavy rain would destroy the little plants. I am doing a little house cleaning. I have found it is better to divide the cleaning into small tasks and work for an hour each day rather than trying to do everything all and once.
 
Yesterday afternoon I played canasta. I had a good afternoon. My luck finally turned, and I accumulated my highest score to date. More and more people are turning out for the canasta. The game does not take much skill. It is just fun.
 
This afternoon is the Red Hat tea. My lavender outfit is all laundered and pressed. Rain may be pouring down during the time of the meeting. I want to keep my new red hat dry. Yesterday morning while I was ironing my lavender outfit I also finally pressed the new clothes that I have received from L.L. Bean. This was only the second time I have used my new iron that I bought in February. I hate ironing and manage to avoid it even though I have a fancy new iron.
 
This evening the Frisco Director of Public Works is going to give a presentation at the village center on the current water restrictions. On April 1 the ban on car washing was lifted. It is now all right to wash your car with a garden hose and nozzle. I am hoping that they will eventually ease the restrictions on lawn watering. Right now we can only use the sprinkler system on trash day, and there are restrictions on the hours of watering. Last September it was so hot and dry. I really was worried that my brand new landscaping would not survive with so little water, but somehow it did.
 
The Frisco Lakes travel committee has planned several trips. I am thinking about signing up for a trip to Branson, Missouri, in June. I have never been there. They are going by motor coach and leaving from the village center parking lot. That is very appealing. I could leave my car in the garage and wheel my suitcase there if necessary, but I am sure someone would give me a lift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.