My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Red Hat and Other Things

A Red Hat group has been formed at Frisco Lakes. I did not attend the first meeting, but I got another invitation for a meeting this Tuesday. I accepted this invitation. You are supposed to dress in purple and wear a red hat. Last week I remembered I have a lavender outfit. There are purple violets on the skirt. The only problem is I bought this outfit before I lost weight, and it really is too large. I decided it will have to do because purple is not my color. I am not going to purchase a purple-colored outfit until I decide if I really want to continue with the group. Here it is only two days before the meeting, and I had no red hat. I started searching on the Internet. I found J.C. Penney's had a suitable hat, but it would take a minimum of four days to get it delivered to the local store. I searched several other big chain stores and found nothing. I then found several sites that specifically sell red hats for the Red Hat clubs. I had overheard some ladies here at Frisco Lakes saying Kohl's had red hats. I went there this morning. They were well stocked with red hats, and they were considerably cheaper than what I had seen on the Internet. When I went to check out, the clerk told me there would be additional savings if I charged the purchase on my Kohl's card. I told her I did not have a Kohl's card. She told me I should get one. I told her I did not want one. I was ready to tell her it was the first time in my life I had ever been in a Kohl's store, and it was going to be the last if she did not get busy and check me out. Anyway I finally left with my purchase and was greatly relieved that I did not have to go from store to store to store searching for a red hat. Now I am going to wash my lavender outfit and hope that it shrinks.
 
Winter returned yesterday. After the violent weather on Friday evening. a cold front came through. The temperature was in the forties most of yesterday. The temperature now is finally in the low sixties. The Del Webb people delivered two flats of flowers to each house on Thursday. In a little while I am going out and plant them and at last I am going to plant the caladium bulbs. It must be six weeks since I bought the bulbs. I have not opened the box and have no idea what I am going to find inside. I do not have a green thumb. It is going to be interesting to see what happens.
 
I thought the coming week was going to be less hectic than the past few weeks; but after checking my calendar, I see that it is shaping up to be very full. I keep finding excuses to avoid house cleaning, but somehow I am going to have to fit it in this week. I do a little dusting or a little vacuuming but do not seem to be able to go through the house and give it a thorough cleaning. I am afraid my advancing years are taking a toll.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I have run into several groups of Red Hat ladies lately. Last week they were roaming our local mall, and the week before I saw a rather large gathering at a restaurant. I wonder if their popularity is growing. They always seem to be having a great time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.