My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Busy Week

It was a very busy week. There was the usual canasta group play on Monday. On Wednesday I had my third bridge lesson. My head was spinning after that session. On Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. He said fluid was accumulating in my middle ear and gave me some samples of an allergy medicine in hopes it would clear up the problem that I did not know I had. I guess it explains why I have been turning up the volume on the TV.
 
I managed to get my email from Sears printed and picked up my pliers. I went home and found that their cordless grass shears were on sale. I placed another order online and again had to print out an email so I could pick them up. This time I went to the Frisco Library and did my printing. The library's printer did not print the bar code that was in the email. I went on to Sears and found that their machine gave me the choice of scanning the email or swiping my credit card. The machine recognized my credit card. The man who brought the package to me checked the email and all was well.
 
On Thursday I took my car to David McDavid Acura in Plano and got the annual Texas safety inspection and an oil change. I was impressed with the customer waiting room. They had Starbucks coffee, complimentary snacks and cold soft drinks. All Classic Acura in Beaumont had was coffee. Both dealerships include a free car wash with service. Classic Acura also gave the ladies a long-stemmed rose which I always enjoyed. There was no rose from David McDavid. The car passed the safety and emission tests. I asked them to put on my registration sticker while they were putting on the new inspection sticker. I always have a problem getting the sticker on straight. Now both stickers are on nice and straight, and I am all set for another year. I also mailed my federal tax return and first quarter estimated tax payment. It felt so good to have the burden of the car inspection, registration and tax preparation all complete.
 
On Thursday evening Del Webb had an appreciation event for the Frisco Lakes homeowners. They had a large tent with tables. The place was decorated in a western theme. They had burgers, baked beans and potato salad. There were many nice door prizes. They also gave away a golf cart. There was a contest to see who could hit a golf ball the farthest. The prize was a golf cart. I am seeing more and more golf carts around here. A couple of my neighbors on the cul-de-sac have bought the carts. Every garage has a plug for charging a golf cart.
 
Severe weather was predicted for Friday in Dallas. The trip to the Dallas Arboretum was on that day. I had really been looking forward to it. I expected to get a call telling me the trip was canceled, but that did not happen. I went to the Frisco Senior Center. Everyone was asking if the trip was still on. They said they had prepaid the tea in the Camp House and it would not be canceled. I expected to be caught in a terrible downpour, but it did not happen. The sky was very gray. I went ahead and took my pictures. I uploaded them to Smugmug this morning. We got back to Frisco before the storm arrived. My car had sit out all day, and there had been enough rain mixed with the dust from the construction going on at the senior center to really make the car look dirty again.
 
Last night the storm arrived. Tornadoes did touch down in the Dallas area, but Frisco was spared from the storm. I have already experienced much worse weather in Frisco than last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.