My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update

The days are flying by. Monday morning the garage cabinet installation was finished. I am extremely happy with the way they turned out. I owe the man who installed them a great deal of gratitude. There was a tremendous amount of work involved in assembling and securing them to the wall. On Tuesday I started putting things on the shelves. I worked for a couple of hours.  Tuesday was very warm, and I had to limit the amount of time I worked.
 
On Monday afternoon I played Canasta. That is the fun group and well organized. Wednesday morning I attended the second Bridge lesson. We have a very good teacher. If I don't learn how to play a respectable game of Bridge it will be my fault, not our teacher's. Yesterday afternoon I went to the Mahjongg group. After the session, I went home and resigned from the group via the computer. They have started playing for money. I do not object to gambling on moral grounds, but I know the odds are against me, and I just find it stupid. I try to limit my stupid behavior.
 
On Tuesday morning I ran errands. I went in the Denton County Government office in The Colony to find out exactly what is required to change the registration on my car. I had changed my address last fall on the computer and received the renewal notice in the mail. I took the renewal form in, and the lady that I talked to said all I had to do was show my proof of insurance and pay my money. She let me run out to the car and get my insurance card. I paid my money and walked out with the new sticker. I had called Denton County right after the move. They told me I had to get the car inspected and bring a form from the inspection station to the tax office. Well that was not corrected. I made an appointment o take the car down to the Acura dealer in Plano next week for periodic maintenance and the safety inspection. That is no different than Beaumont.
 
I then went to the Wal-Mart in The Colony. I really do not like that store. I was only able to find one of four items on my list. The new Frisco Wal-Mart is opening on April 18. It is a very nice looking store from the outside. After it opens there will be no more visits to The Colony store. The greeter at The Colony store told me there was a copy machine at The Colony post office. I went there, and there was no copy machine. I did mail a letter. Then I drove to the Frisco Library and finally made a copy of my income tax return. I am going to wait until closer to the due date before I mail it since I owe money. Anyway I came hope feeling good that I had made the copy and taken care of the car registration.
 
A cold front came through and the temperature is in the 40's this morning. I am going to do more work in the garage this morning, and then I have to start cleaning the house. I have neglected my dusting for too long. The amount of dust in a new house is quite large. I have been told it will decrease after a year. I did change the air filter this week, and I think the amount of dirt on it was less than the last one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.