My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Update

I have lost confidence in Sony's tech. support. After receiving the reply that told me to download a new driver, I wrote back to clarify my question whether Ver. 4.3 of SonicStage is compatible with Windows Vista Business edition. This time I was told that Sony does not support Windows versions that were not factory installed and gave me directions on how to roll back my operating system to Windows Vista Home Premium. I nearly hit the ceiling. I wrote back that my Windows Vista Business edition was installed by the Sony factory in San Diego, CA. This time I got a reply back that apologized for the confusion and said Ver. 4.3 is not compatible with Windows Vista Business edition. This poor fellow finally found the same table I was looking at. I have a real problem with the "bloatware" that the computer manufacturers install on new computers. This time it is really bad because they are installing programs that do not run on Vista and can possibly corrupt the operating system. I think the best solution is to start uninstalling the unneeded software. I had Sony's SonicStage on my old computer. Until I got the iPod and installed iTunes, it was the program I used to listen to music on the pc. Now since there is not a fully compatible version of iTunes, the only safe option is to use Microsoft's Windows Media Player. I dread to think about what software I need to view a DVD.
 
Last night I went to the Frisco Lakes monthly meet your neighbor social. There is a lady that I have seen several times at the community's functions. Every time I see her she greets me like an old friend. I was embarrassed that I did not remember her name. I am bad at remembering names. This lady seemed to know so much about me. Last night I finally got the nerve to ask her where we first met. She told me she had been reading my blog. That explained a lot. Attendance at the meet your neighbor functions is being limited to about 70 people. When the socials were held in the sales center, the noise created by the crowd was very loud. I actually start to feel sick when I am in that environment. Unfortunately the same thing happened last night. As more people arrived, the noise level increased. I could not hear, and other people could not hear me. Then I started feeling ill. I looked for a place to sit down. Then I decided it was time to go home.
 
I am cleaning my car in stages. Yesterday I went over the windows inside and out with Windex and paper towels. I thought I was doing a good job, but when I took the car out yesterday evening I saw lots of streaks in the windshield. I used to do much better work.
 
I plan to go back to the Saturday evening service at the nearby Methodist church. I have talked to several people and found that it is a common practice in Frisco to have a projection screen and show messages in the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.