My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Troubled

Yesterday evening's episode with the Windows Media Player and the call to Sony tech support continues to bother me. The problem was fixed. That is good. How it got fixed is the unknown. The best answer I can come up with is that Norton Internet Security was somehow preventing Media Player from running. Disabling Norton while the computer was not on the Internet apparently allowed Media Player to work. When Norton was turned back on, the Media Player still worked.
 
Sony has quite a few programs installed on this computer that are used for music and video editing. One is called SonicStage. Version 4.2 is installed on the computer. Sony's tech support website says 4.2 is incompatible with Windows Vista. They now have Version 4.3 available for download. Here is where it gets sticky. They have a table that shows 4.3 working with Vista Home Premium but not with Vista Business. I have Vista Business. What am I supposed to do? I emailed Sony. I got back an irrelevant reply that told me where to download a driver and they apologized for my pc not working. My pc is doing just fine, thank you very much. I just want to make sure it stays that way. I have not attempted to load SonicStage Ver. 4.2 nor download Ver. 4.3. I will not do either until I receive clarification.
 
I have updated my spreadsheets where I keep my financial data. I now know how much damage the recent stock market gyrations did to my portfolio, I was relieved to see that the damage is relatively minor. I am able to edit my spreadsheets, but there are a number of commands on the menus that I really have a hard time finding. When I have several spreadsheets open at the same time I now have to find a window tab on a certain toolbar. The old way seemed much more sensible. I guess I am old and set in my ways.
 
I have been neglecting my routine chores. The cupboard is almost bare. The batteries in both of my wristwatches have died. My glasses are out of adjustment and hurt my nose. I have to get out of the house, away from the pc and take care of these things. I did manage to order a short-sleeved shirt from L.L. Bean yesterday. This morning I ordered a pair of shoes. The online merchants must have missed me while I was without a pc.
 
It is time for another meet your neighbor social tonight. The months are rolling by. I checked my records. It was March 20th last year that I signed the sales contract for the new house. I just could not repeat what I have done n the past twelve months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.