My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Adapting to the New Computer

The new computer powered on and booted without problem this morning. Contrary to what I have been reading Vista booted rather rapidly. Web pages seem to load much faster, too, than my old Sony. I have been using a new Dell notebook at the community center that runs XP. The community center is using AT&T DSL which is the same as I have in my home. The Sony Vaio with Windows Vista is considerably faster. The only problem I am having is adjusting to the touchpad on the Vaio. I changed the mouse pointer speed so that is faster than the default and that seems to have helped. I think HP had a better placement of the mouse buttons, but so far that is the only thing that was better about the HP. I copied my Favorites from the external drive to the new computer. I was able to visit all the websites that are part of my normal morning routine without problem. The only problem is I have been without a computer for so long I have forgotten what the normal morning routine is.
 
I checked my American Express account this morning, and they have removed the temporary credit they put on my account when I opened the dispute with HP. That is all right, but I do not consider the dispute resolved until I receive the credit for the service policy. I am fairly confident that will be no problem.
 
The paper documentation that came with the Sony is practically nil. I found the manual that resides on the hard drive. It is 187 pages in PDF format. It is an excellent manual. There is a separate manual that explains how the RAID technology is set up on the drives. I am really curious about that and as time permits to try to read and understand the manual.
 
This morning I am going to the community breakfast. I get up at 5 AM every morning. I didn't think I could last until 9 AM for breakfast so I went ahead and had a cup of coffee and an English muffin. I hope that will hold me over.
 
Yesterday I read about a Methodist church in a Frisco newsletter that has services at 5:30 PM on Saturday. The dress is casual. I read the information on the church's website. It said feel free to wear the clothes you have on for your yard work. I know of a church in Beaumont that had a service for people in casual attire. It must be a trend that is catching on. I am going to go to the service this evening and check it out. The church is fairly close to Frisco Lakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.