My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, March 09, 2007

My Data Is Safe

I had backed up my old computer to my external disk drive about an hour before the old computer died on January 27. I have been wondering if the years of my life that are stored on that drive could be retrieved. The HP computer died before I could connect the external drive. This afternoon I connected the Seagate drive to the firewire port on the new computer. It recognized the drive without problem. I copied some of photos to the new computer. I am not going to copy any sensitive data to the new computer until I have gained confidence in it. I viewed some of my Hawaii, Charleston and Savannah pictures as a slide show. I am so glad I spent the extra money for the higher resolution adapter. Even the product of my poor photographic efforts was breath taking on the new computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.