My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Update

This may be my last trip to the library to use a computer. The new computer has arrived in Dallas after a quick trip from China. I called FedEx before coming to the library. The computer was traveling to the local facility in Irving at that time. I talked to a representative and was assured it would not be delivered today so I assumed it was safe to go out. The estimated delivery date is by 10:30 AM on Tuesday, but I am confident that it will arrive on Monday.
 
On Thursday I went to the dentist here in Frisco. His hygienist is a graduate of Lamar University in Beaumont and lived in Orange. She said she has not met very many people from Southeast Texas in Frisco. It turned out she interned in the office of my old dentist in Nederland. Her mother now is a patient of that dentist. They did a full-mouth X-ray of my teeth and found no problems. I will go back in six months.
 
Yesterday I did my weekly shopping. I bought the new Rowenta iron at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It is one hefty iron but is fairly easy to handle. I finished the ironing I was doing which was interrupted when I destroyed my old iron. I was really surprised to see that the new iron was made in Germany. It seems like all the products with U.S. or European brands now come from China.
 
Before my old computer died I had found on the Woolite website that they make a high efficiency version for washers that require HE products. The warranty on my Kenmore Elite Oasis washer is void if I use non-HE detergents. Both times that a service technician has come to my house, the first thing they did was grab my bottle of Tide and check to see that it was HE. I had checked several stores for the Woolite HE and been unable to find it. This morning I stopped in Kroger, and they had the Woolite HE.
 
Cold weather has returned to Dallas. By mid-February signs of spring are usually apparent in Southeast Texas. The lawn and garden stores will be well stocked by this time. I am really ready for some warmer weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.