My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Low

Somehow I have always found the titles of the Dummies series of books offensive. This morning I went to Sam's Club. They had the Dummies books for both Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. I finally overcame my resistance to the books and bought both. I have started to look at the Vista book and have learned a few things already that should ease my transition to the new software.
 
I don't know how many times I have thought of something to look up on the Internet, and then had to stop myself from walking to the room where I keep my computer. It was one week ago today that my pc bit the dust. HP's website still shows the estimated ship date for my new computer to be Feb. 8. They shipped the warranty papers via FedEx Home. My hopes are rising that I may have the new computer as early as next Saturday.
 
I have never liked the all-in-one printer, scanner and fax devices, but I have started to think about one because it takes up less space and costs less than three separate devices. HP has a Laserjet 3055. A limited driver for it ships with Vista. I have not been able to figure out what limited means. I fear that it means the scanner and fax functions are not supported. It is going to take time for all the hardware and software reviews to be published which reveal what works and does not work with Vista.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.