My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh Good Grief

Now I am really getting mad at Windows Vista. It was bad enough when I learned that my relatively new scanner will not be supported under Vista, but I have now learned something worse. I had Windows XP Home on my old computer, and it did everything I wanted. My new pc will have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on it. Today I learned that Windows FAX and Scan Utility is not a part of Home Premium. It is included only in the Business and Ultimate editions. It is possible to pay more at a later date and unlock the Ultimate edition. I hope that my pc will be capable of being upgraded. I know it was almost impossible to upgrade the pc I had to Windows XP Professional. I used Windows FAX program on the old computer every time I wanted to send a FAX. I really feel cheated.
 
Yesterday CNN had a piece on their morning business segment about iTunes not working with Vista--stale news. I learned that last week.
 
I think Microsoft is going to feel a big backlash over the decisions they have made regarding Windows Vista. Vista might really stimulate Mac sales.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.