My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More of the Same

It is another cold day. The wireless weather station now says 24.2. I went out in the garage and turned the lawn sprinkler controller to the system off position. Tomorrow is watering day, and I do not want the sprinklers to operate if the temperature is below freezing. Back in Beaumont I was told the sprinklers should operate in the winter for very short times in order to keep the sprinkler heads operable. I assume the same holds true with the sprinklers at the new house.
 
The Frisco Lakes website has a little blurb this morning on how to bypass the worst of the traffic on FM 423. It said to go left on Stonebrook and then make a couple of right turns to come out at FM 423 and Main. I have not traveled west on Stonebrook. I have been wanting a safe way to go north to Main St. There is a traffic light at FM 423 and Main. This will help a lot. The closest branch of my bank is at FM 423 and Main. I have been driving to Lebanon and Legacy to do my banking just because it is so difficult to go north on FM 423.
 
I have a doctor's appointment in the morning at the Trinity Medical Center in Carrollton. I had no idea where Carrollton was located, but I have checked Mapquest and my Mapso book and find it is just seven miles from Frisco Lakes. It is located on FM 423 which is straight south. Little by little I will learn my way around. I have really been lost the last few days while I watch the ice storm coverage on TV. Dallas has so many suburbs that I do not think I will ever be familiar where they are located. Houston is bigger than Dallas, but it does nor have nearly as many suburban towns. It was easier for me to get a mental picture of Houston than it is for Dallas.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.