My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cabin Fever

I have been watching TV this morning and seeing all the church service cancellation notices stream by at the bottom of the screen. My wireless weather station says it is 30.3 degrees outside. The worst of the freezing rain is supposed to arrive this afternoon. I thought the gas-fired fireplace would be a good thing to have if the power ever failed. My thoughts did not take into account that the fireplace has an electronic ignition and electronic control valve. It will probably be inoperable if the power fails. I guess my only alternative will be to stack blankets on my bed and crawl in. Frisco Lakes has all underground utilities and the trees are relatively small. I do not know how many of the transmission lines coming into Frisco Lakes are above ground and the extent of their likelihood of failure due to ice.
 
Anyway it is a very dark dreary day. I have started reading John Lescroart's The Hunt Club. So far I am enjoying it. I am well supplied with food, paper plates, batteries, etc. if the power fails. By mid week I will need to go out to the grocery store. On Wednesday I have a doctor's appointment at the Trinity Medical Center in Carrollton. My neighbor told me it is not very far from us. I have not looked it up on any maps yet. The streets should be free of ice by then.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.