My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Update

On Tuesday afternoon I got good news from my realtor. She said my
buyer's lender now has all the needed documentation. She said the
closing would be scheduled for later in the week. I hope I get another
call today. All I want is my money.

The clock repairman brought my mantel clock back on Tuesday. It was
knocked off the mantel in Beaumont several years ago when a picture
that was above it fell off the wall. I thought it was hopeless. Mr.
Hopson said a piece of glass broke off the right corner but is behind
the frame and does not show. The glass lodged in the clock mechanism.
The second hand was also knocked off. He was able to get the clock
working again. I was delighted to get it back. That was a lucky day
last July when I was given his name by the Frisco Ethan Allen store.
The wall clock and the grandfather clock all benefited from his
services.

The Home Team pest control people came out and put the insecticide in
the tubes in the wall in my house. The technician also put some sticky
boards in my garage to trap mice. I will just die if I see a mouse on
one of those boards. I have a totally irrational fear of mice.

My order from L.L. Bean rode around on the FedEx delivery truck for
two days. It was after 8 PM last night when I looked out the door and
the doormat was out of place. The driver had put the package under the
doormat, but he did not ring the doorbell. I placed another Internet
order with L.L. Bean yesterday. I then called them and asked them to
use UPS. I have had enough of FedEx Home Delivery.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am supposed to go to Fort Worth to a
touring Egyptian exhibit. We planned to go on the DART light rail
train and connect to the Fort Worth train. It may be too cold to
attempt the trip via public transportation. I also may have to stay
home and wait for the delivery of the closing papers.

I have checked the weather report and see that it is supposed to warm up again. The flowers in front of my house froze during the last cold front. I am thinking about buying pansies to replace them but want to wait until after the current cold snap.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger momula said…

    Happy birthday, Sally!
    It's a time to reflect on all you've accomplished this year - wow. Wouldn't it be appropriate to have the Beaumont closing today?
    Although I think it would be much more interesting to go to the Egyptian exhibit.
    I wish I lived close enough to enlist the services of Mr. Hopson! I have two clocks that need a good repairman: one is a mini grandfather clock, the kind that hangs on the wall, that I overwound about 10 years ago, and the other is an electric wall clock that can have small light bulbs inserted into the back of it, to light it up. I think the wiring needs to be changed, because the lights don't work anymore. I bought that one at a tag sale about 25 years ago. I'm hoping someday it will be worth some money. It's not easy finding a good service person for these types of things.
    The other day you mentioned that you were in London when the power went out several years ago. Did you hear about the tornado that hit London yesterday? May I ask what you were doing in London?
    Have a great day.
    Take care,
    Tricia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.