My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I AM Truly Disgusted

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from "The Village at Frisco Lakes
Community Association, Inc." which DENIED my modification request
submital for the satellite dish. The letter was signed by the bleached
blond hag Pulte has hired to be community manager. The reasons for the
denial were:

1.The satellite dish must be installed on the rear of the home or
within five feet (5') of the rear of the home for satellite dishes
mounted on side walls and roofs.
2. No visible wiring is permitted except at the base of the satellite
dish. All other wiring must be installed within attic areas, or with
the structure of the home.
3. No satellite dish may be visible from public streets or common
areas or golf course.

The pictures I posted yesterday show my house and another house on the
street. The other house clearly violates two of the above reasons but
the bleached blond hag approved their request on the spot without
inspecting their dish. My problem was I was completely honest with the
hag and told her the side of my house faced Frisco Lakes Dr. There is
no way a dish can be installed on my house without being visible to
someone who looks hard from Frisco Lakes Dr. If Pulte wanted to keep
the view from Frisco Lakes Dr. absolutely pristine, they should not
have installed the electric meter, air conditioner and other
wiring on that side of the house. Dish Network technicians have to
ground the dish and the best way to do that is to ground it to the
electric meter. Installing the dish on any other part on my house
would have required a lengthy unsightly run of wire.

I went to the Wine and Cheese Meet Your Neighbor Social last night.
This one was not the happy gathering that the previous socials have
been. Many of the people who have moved in have already tangled with
the community association. I heard that it is going to be five years
until the homeowners take over the association and toss out the
miscreants.

My neighbors ran into the multitude of rules when they inquired about
having landscaping added to their backyard. My email friend, who likes
to garden, said she watches the nursery sales and buys plants when
they are on sale. She cannot wait three weeks to get approval before
she does her planting. I suppose she could submit a plan and then buy
the plants to fill out the plan, but then again maybe not.

I read the rules before signing the sales contract and knew they were
very strict. I thought this was a good thing. I had neighbors back in
Beaumont who did not maintain their property, erected unsightly
structures, etc. The rules should be used to make sure the
neighborhood's value and appearance are maintained, but I think this
fiasco over the satellite dishes has carried things to an unreasonable
extreme. I did not want a satellite dish. I was told before I signed
the sales contract that TV and Internet would be available via cable.
It was not. When I had my pre-closing walk through I was told AT&T
would be the provider for phone, Internet and TV and was given a phone
number to call to arrange for installation. I was not told
specifically that I would have to get approval for the satellite dish
installation. Then after the fact I stepped on a hornet's nest. We
live in the information age. To me television is just another utility
like gas or water. It is an essential in most people's daily life. I
have an ugly gas meter, an ugly electric meter, an ugly cover on the
water meter, ugly covers for the water cutoff valve and sewer line
cleanouts. The satellite dish is no different than the other ugly
utilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.