My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So Far So Good

I wake up in the middle of the night and think about all the things
that could go wrong with the move, the sale of my house, etc. I wish I
was equipped with a button that would shut down the worry portion of
my brain. Reality is that so far everything has gone quite smoothly. I
have everything lined up. Today I am supposed to receive the closing
papers. I have only a verbal estimate from my sales associate on what
the closing costs will be. I hope I do not receive any shocks. The
electronic fund transfers to my bank went smoothly. I am all set to
have the bank wire the money to the escrow account. I am going to wait
until I have had the walk through before I do that.

I confirmed my appointment for tomorrow to have the grandfather clock
prepared for the move. I still need to do a little cleaning in the
garage. We are going to have rain today so it will be a little cooler.
I better do the cleaning this morning. Weather.com's ten day forecast
for Frisco shows the temperature to be in the high nineties with a
small chance of rain. Sometimes a cool day sneaks in during September
to give us a little preview of fall weather. Maybe one of those days
will arrive for my move-in day.

The only real obstacle I have encountered so far is there is no
definite date when Time Warner will install my cable and RoadRunner
service. I left a message for my Del Webb customer relations manager
and asked if she has received anything definite from Time Warner. I
think that young lady knows how to light fires under people and get
things done. I cannot imagine what it will be like to be without TV
and Internet for several weeks. I will have to unpack boxes, wash
china and crystal by hand and read the books that I have bought but
have not read to compensate for the lack of cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.