My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Update

At last the weather report looks much better. There is only a 30 percent chance of rain today. A small dog could get lost in my grass. My lawn service normally shows up on Wednesday. With the holiday I expected him to come on Thursday, but I the rain is probably causing him extra delays. If he does not come today, I am going to start hiding so I don't get any dirty looks from my neighbors.
 
The estimator from Wald Mayflower in Houston is supposed to come out this afternoon. When I get his bid, I am going to do some serious number crunching. Right now there is a $2,000 difference between the high and low bid. That is a big difference. The three bids that I have are all GNTE (guaranteed not to exceed). Wald Mayflower is going to give me a fixed bid. There is a chance the GNTE bids could be lower if the number of packing boxes were lower or if the weight is less than the estimate. One of the estimators was honest enough to tell me the number of boxes used always is greater than his estimate.
 
I went back to the Pricegrabber.com and read the reviews by people who have made purchases on Sears.com. Sears has the lowest possible rating. One of the big problems seems to be that they report an item to be in stock when it is not, and then they will cancel the order. Then they do not honor a sale price if the person tries to place the order again when the item is available. I am going to keep watching the availability of the GE Profile refrigerator. My game plan is to wait until Home Depot shows their price. I know it will be lower than Sears. Then I will go to Sears and ask for a price match plus ten percent of the difference. An even better deal would be for Home Depot to have a ten percent off sale. I expect this will happen over the Labor Day weekend. It is going to be difficult for me to wait that long to place an order. I like to get things settled.
 
I have a grouping of mirrors that will hang over my sofa. I can remember the last time I moved I made a drawing of how the mirrors were arranged so I could re-construct the grouping in the new house. This time I just took a picture with my digital camera. I also took a picture of the grouping of my diplomas. I am not going to measure things down to a fraction of an inch like I have done in the past.

I saw an interesting tidbit on the Frisco-Online forum. Comcast customers are reporting that they have received a letter saying they are being changed to Time Warner on July 31. They are upset about this. Comcast is being required to divest some of their markets because of a purchase of another cable company. This happened in Beaumont when the old AT&T bought TCI. It was a good thing for Beaumont. Time Warner spent a lot of money to upgrade the system and improve service. It looks like there may be a RoadRunner in my future. Beep, beep.

The number of users on the Frisco Lakes homeowners private website is growing. I keep checking to see if anyone else has posted a link to their blog. I think my blog is getting more traffic since I posted a link. So far I have only found one other neighbor who has posted a link. That person sells Mary Kay cosmetics. I hope more people will consider blogging. Maybe that is an idea for a Frisco Lakes special interest group. Maybe I should suggest it to the lifestyle director.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.