My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Playing Catch Up

This morning when I turned the PC on my anti-virus program opened a window that said it was time to upgrade. I paid and downloaded the new version. I went through the install, registration, updated and then did a complete scan which is still running. It has been going for 52 minutes. What an ordeal.
 
Now a little about the trip to Frisco. I left Beaumont on Thursday morning about 7 AM. This time I did the sensible thing and stopped at a McDonalds in Fairfield, TX, and ate lunch. I had a Big Mac for the first time in over two years. When I got to Dallas, I exited the freeway at Coit and went north to Parker in Plano. Then I went north again on Preston. I got through the construction on 121 without too much difficulty. I checked into the hotel and went to my storage unit and deposited the six boxes of crystal and china. The temperature was the predicted 105. Then I went to the post office and filled out the forms to have my mail held. I then headed to the new house.
 
I intended to just drive by the house and then go to the sales center and pick up a hard hat. When I was turning around in the cul-de-sac, a man walked up to my car. He introduced himself and said he was the new construction superintendent assigned to my house. He is the third. He is an older man who has been with Pulte in Orlando Florida. He seems like a no nonsense type who will get things done. He said he would walk me through the house. The brick is 3/4 complete. Painters were in the house painting the sheet rock. The kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets are almost complete. The counter tops are not in. The window sills are in. Gary said the tile work would be done by the middle of this week. There is a window in the master bath that will have tile instead of a window sill. The shutter people are waiting on that one window to get their final measurements.
 
I then went to the sales center and talked with my sales associate. Next I went to the Walden model and looked at the receptacle for the dryer plug. It requires a four-pronged plug. I then went to the Sears store in Stonebriar Mall. I explained to the salesman that I needed the dryer electrical cord because it was not included with my dryer because I had to find out the type of plug I needed. I had the sales receipt for the washer and dryer that I had purchased in Beaumont with me. He was able to pull up the receipt but was unable to modify the other store's order. He called over another man. He was able to ring up the dryer kit with no delivery charge. He assures me it will be on the same truck with my washer and dryer. In Frisco refrigerators are handled by a different group of salesmen than the washer and dryers. He called over another man to help me with the refrigerator and told him to link it to the dryer kit so I would not be charged a delivery fee. This man knew how to navigate the computer system. He had the refrigerator charged to the new Sears Plus card by scanning my temporary receipt that I had got in Beaumont, he delayed the billing until 8/1/07 and he got it tied to the dryer so there was no delivery charge. Either the people in Frisco are smarter or they receive better training than the sales people do in Beaumont. Now I will just have to wait for September 9 to see if everything is available and arrives as promised.
 
There is much more to tell. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.