My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Update

I scurried around this morning to get my chores done early because the estimator from Houston for United Van Lines was supposed to be here at 8 AM. He called at 7:45 and said he was having car trouble. If he can get his car repaired, he will be here this afternoon. If not, we will reschedule for next week. Finally I have made an appointment with Wald Mayflower's estimator to make a survey on July 17. He says their bid is good for only 60 days and has been telling me it was too soon to do the survey. The United Van Lines estimator said their bid is also good for 60 days, but he has no problem with making the survey now. On June 21 the estimator from the Beaumont Allied company will be out. At last I will have some figures to study. I got a call from the estimator for the moving company recommended by Home Express last night. I told him after I had read the complaints about the company, I was no longer interested.
 
Yesterday I talked to a clock company here in Beaumont. I found out their charge for preparing my grandfather clock for the move. The Mayflower estimator told me it would be much better if I can arrange for the service here in Beaumont because they would have to charge me for someone to travel from Houston. The lady I talked to at the clock company was unable to recommend someone to set up the clock in Frisco. I purchased the clock from Ethan Allen. There is a large Ethan Allen store in Frisco. I will call them to see if they can make a recommendation. If that fails there are always the yellow pages and the Frisco-Online forum.
 
I was reading about what is involved in preparing a washer and drier for moving. Considering I would have to pay for servicing on both ends and the cost of moving, I am certain I have made the right decision to buy new machines.
 
Tomorrow I am driving to Frisco. I was able to load four of the boxes with figurines and crystal in the trunk of my car. I loaded two onto the back seat of the car. I will go straight to the storage unit when I reach Frisco. I am really excited about seeing my house for the first time.
 
I read about an alarm company on the Frisco-Online forum. They are a local Dallas outfit. Their monthly charge for alarm monitoring is much cheaper than ADT. My insurance company has an arrangement for a discount with ADT, but they are still more expensive than the local Dallas company that five or six people jumped in and recommended on the Frisco-Online forum. That forum is a wonderful source of information about Frisco. I am reading the posts and am already growling about the watering restrictions and the road construction on FM 121.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.