My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Agony

That is the best description I can give of my mental and physical state today. Some months ago I hurt my arm when I foolishly moved my old heavy computer monitor. I had a terrible bruise. At the time it felt like something in my shoulder tore. I have had pains from my neck to my arm ever since. Earlier this week I must have done additional damage when I attempted to stretch the new belt in my vacuum cleaner. I have a hard time realizing that the years are taking a toll on my physical condition. I really want to get involved in a sensible exercise program when I am settled in my new home.
 
I spent a good deal of time calling moving companies in Houston yesterday. I was given several promises that they would have their estimators call me, but so far I have received no calls. I called Home Express the moving company locator that is affiliated with American Airlines AAdvantage miles. They were supposed to have a pre-screened mover call me two weeks ago. This time they got into action and I received a call from an independently owned moving line that has a facility in the Dallas area. They have made arrangement with an estimator from a Lake Charles Mayflower agent to do an on site survey. This is a little progress, but I found two very negative comments about this company on complaints.com, complaints.com. What is particularly disturbing is one of the complaints is from Frisco.
 
My house here in Beaumont is on a private street. The City of Beaumont will not sent their trash trucks to a private street. On Monday there was a story on the local news that law enforcement officials had impounded the equipment of our trash hauler because of a dire financial situation. Trash has been sitting at the curb since Tuesday. It is very hot. I will say no more. A repair contractor came to my house on Tuesday. He saw the trash containers with the failed company name on them. He told me about a trash hauler that he uses in his neighborhood. I immediately emailed our homes association president with this information. This company is not listed in the yellow pages. Yesterday the homes association president posted a notice that this company would be out today to pick up the trash. They are going to pick up twice a week for only $1 more per quarter than the old company was charging. There are very few private trash haulers in this area. The choices are very limited. We are lucky to get this one. I hope it works out, but in less than three months I will be out of here.
 
My Frisco Lakes construction superintendent called on Wednesday and wanted to schedule the pre-drywall inspection meeting with me. I asked them if we could do that next week since I already have a trip to Frisco in the works. He checked the schedule and said it would work. My sales associate told me I would get a more definitive estimate of the completion date at the pre-drywall inspection meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.