My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Update

I don't have much to add to the blog this morning. I am killing time until Sam's Club opens. I need to buy more bubble wrap. I packed one more box of crystal yesterday. I have finished packing the figurines, vases, etc. that I have around the house with one exception. I have a Lladro figurine that is so delicate that it almost scares me to touch it. I have packed it twice before so I guess I can do it a third time. I have packed 16 of the 56 pieces of Waterford stemware. After I finish that I will do my bone china dinnerware. I fitted a couple of the boxes into the trunk of my car. I estimate I can take six boxes in one trip to Frisco. I have packed five boxes. I am hoping to keep the total to 12 or under. It is going to be close. What has been surprising to me is how heavy the boxes with the Waterford crystal are. I have to keep reminding myself there is really lead in lead crystal.
 
It is Saturday so I backed up my computer to the Seagate external drive. All went very smoothly. The remove hardware icon was in the task tray, and I was able to dismount the hard drive after the backup was completed without problem.
 
I am reading Robert Ludlum's, The Bourne Identity. I saw both the TV mini series in the 80's and the movie. The book is better than both of them. The Bourne Identity was Ludlum's eighth novel. As I go through his books, I can now say that they are definitely getting better.
 
When I was in Wal-Mart this week, I saw something that is new at least to me. I saw padded shelf liner. It has no adhesive. You just roll out the length you need and cut it. I think that might be good to use in the kitchen. It would give the dinnerware and glasses a little protection. I did not buy any. I am not going to buy anything for the new house until I am in Frisco. It will save me the expense of moving them. There is one other thing that I have been looking at for the new kitchen. I have seen stainless steel trash cans with a lid that opens automatically when you approach them. They have an infrared beam that senses nearby movement that causes the lid to open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.