My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Brain Shifted to Overdrive

Yesterday I went shopping. My daily life must go on in spite of the move. I did buy a padlock for the storage unit in Frisco. I also bought a stenographer's notebook to start taking notes and making lists. I have been doing all of my previous lists and notes with the computer and PDA, but I suddenly felt compelled to revert to old-fashioned handwriting.
 
Last night one of the ladies I contacted regarding plantation shutters called from Dallas. This was the lady who was highly recommended by several people on the Frisco-Online forum. She had been out to Frisco Lakes and measured every window in the Walden model home. Of course, she will have to get exact measurements on my house when it reaches a stage when it can be measured. I was quite impressed with her thoroughness. She told me a few things about the windows that I had not noticed. I am meeting with a second lady who was recommended by Del Webb/Pulte. She has worked for Pulte for many years when the window treatments were included in the contracts.
 
I still have a little more work to do in the garage. The hot humid Southeast Texas weather has arrived in full force. I cannot stand to work in the garage more than ten minutes at a time. I moved a few things around. I am thinking I will call the Salvation Army again after I return from Frisco and have them remove the remaining big items that I want to donate. Inside the house I have a big console TV and the upright frostless freezer. Both are in good working order but are getting to be quite old. It would not be worth the cost to move them. I originally thought I would just have the movers place the big items in the garage and leave a key with a neighbor so they could let the Salvation Army in, but now I want to have the things removed before I leave.
 
I had tested how many boxes I can put in my car trunk. I can easily fit four in the trunk. I placed one on the backseat and now know that two boxes will fit on the back seat. I am going to take all six of the boxes with my crystal and figurines that I have packed so far up to Frisco. Last year during Hurricane Rita I was so worried about my crystal and china. I just left it behind. There was nothing else to do. Fortunately nothing was harmed. This year if another hurricane comes to Beaumont my crystal and china will be safe in Frisco, and I will have eliminated one worry. I plan to make another trip to Frisco in 3 or 4 weeks. The house will have reached a stage where I want to closely check it.
 
Tomorrow I am going to contact two more of the Beaumont movers and make appointments for them to make their estimates. Sometimes I feel like I am going in circles. I keep thinking and re-thinking the decisions I have made. The one thing that I have not had second thoughts about is my decision to move to Frisco Lakes. When I signed the sales contract, I felt a great sense of relief that I had finally taken the action to move. I have remained firm in the belief that it is the proper time to leave Beaumont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.