My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Things Are Looking UP - A Little

Last week I had become quite discouraged over getting one of the large national moving companies out of Houston to handle my move to Frisco. I have made an appointment with the Beaumont Allied agent to get an estimate. They may be perfectly adequate, but I have friends who were not pleased with their move. I called one additional company in Beaumont this morning and was looking up the number for a third when the phone rang. It was the estimator for Armstrong, the United Van Lines agent from Houston. He is going to be here at 8 AM on Wednesday morning. This particular company is a member of the Pinnacle Movers program set up by the Southwest Movers Association. They have received very favorable comments on MovingScam.com. The Pinnacle Mover designation sets high standards. I questioned the estimator about what time he would have to leave Houston to be in Beaumont at 8 AM. He said he lives only 40 miles west of Beaumont so will not have to drive through the Houston traffic. He has the same last name as a man I worked with for many years. I asked him if he was related. It turns out they are cousins.I really think I have had a guardian angel looking after me ever since Hurricane Rita forced me to evacuate last year. Every time I have been facing a difficult situation there seems to be a break through that solves my problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.