My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Better

I woke up this morning, and my shoulder and arm felt much better. I had hardly slept the previous two nights because of the pain. It felt like a miracle to be able to turn over and look at the clock without the pain. I have learned my lesson. I am going to be very careful from now on.
 
The new trash hauler came as promised yesterday. They had a nice clean truck.
 
I have been getting good advise from the moderator of the MovingScam.com forum. A man who calls himself East Coast Mover recommended a moving company here in Beaumont. He is a friend of the family that owns it. I called and had a long talk with the owner. I was unaware of this company. He said they had been the North American Van Lines agent. He dropped North American and now operates independently. It turns out that this is the same company that I used way back in 1972 when I moved into my first house. I also called the local Allied agent. They are going to come out and give me an estimate after I return from Frisco. I have just about given up on getting one of the large national agents to come over from Houston.
 
I talked to the man who has been assigned to my case from Cendant Mobility's Miles From Home Program. I had sent him copies of the complaints I found on the "pre-screened" mover Home Express had picked for me. He was very apologetic. He said this was not the first time he had heard of this. He said his management requires them to give the name of Home Express, but he does not care for the operation. One woman at Cendant Mobility is trying to assist me with a company out of Houston, but I think I am better off trying to find the best company that operates here in Beaumont.
 
I called up to the storage facility in Frisco that I had visited last March. I reserved a storage unit for next week. I have decided to go ahead and take as many of the boxes of fragile items as I can with me on each trip I make up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.