My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Vacuum Cleaner

Several years ago I bought a Hoover Wind Tunnel vacuum cleaner. It has all the bells and whistles such as being self propelled and having an electronic dirt finder. When It was a couple of years old, the self-propelled feature stopped working, and it began to smell like the motor was over heating. There was no Hoover authorized service center in Beaumont. I took it to Sears service center. They said they could repair all brands. They sent the vacuum cleaner over to Houston. It was gone approximately two weeks. When it came back, they charged me $55. When I read what they did to it, I was surprised to find that all they did was replace a worn belt. The same problem recurred a few days ago. I bought a new belt for the machine and attempted to replace the belt myself. I tried and tried, but I am not strong enough to stretch the belt over the pulleys. I pulled out the yellow pages and found a vacuum repair shop in the west end of Beaumont. They are not a Hoover dealer, but I thought they ought to be able to replace the belt. I called and was told they could do it. I loaded the vacuum in the trunk of my car and took it to them. The man took it back in the shop and returned it to me in less than ten minutes. I plugged the machine in to make sure it was working. The self-propelled feature was functioning properly again. I asked the man how much I owed him. He said nothing since I already had the new belt. I am going to stock up on the belts and hope that I can find a shop in Frisco that is as accommodating. I imagine the carpet in the new house will have lots of new carpet loom nap. I better stock up on the vacuum bags, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.