My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Yesterday


I stayed home yesterday and did more house cleaning. I will never finish. Dust appears faster than I can eliminate it. I have a fairly powerful hand vacuum with a rotating beater brush than I use on the stairs. I keep thinking about how nice it will be to be in a one story house so I do not have to deal with the steep stairs. The hand vacuum will no longer be needed. I have a powerful canister vacuum that does a better job, but it is heavy and very difficult to move up and down the stairs. I am always afraid it is going to fall or I am going to fall.

FedEx delivered the larger suede jacket from L.L. Bean. The fit is much better, and I am going to keep it. Bean shipped my shoulder bag yesterday by FedEx SmartPost. This is a strange service. FedEx transports the package across the country and delivers it to the local post office. Then the mailman delivers the package the next day. This might save a little money, but I rather doubt it. Today is Veterans Day so there is no mail delivery. There was no new tracking information on the jacket that is on the way back to Bean.

I fought one more round with Aetna yesterday over the reimbursement for my flu shot. On Tuesday they issued an Explanation of Benefits that said they required more information on whether the illness was due to an accident, etc. I had to call and say this was a flu shot. It is preventative medicine to keep me from getting ill. I must have spent half an hour on the phone. The woman finally said they could not pay because I got the flu shot at Kroger, which is not a preferred provider. I said I went there last year, and you paid. She said what was the date? I told her. She put me on hold again and finally said she was resubmitting the claim. Yesterday I checked and there was another Explanation of Benefits that said they required more information. This time they wanted to know my name and my member ID, etc. I called again. Again there were lengthy holds. This time the woman apologized and said she would resubmit it. I checked online this morning, and the status has not changed. If I have to call a third time, I will be screaming. All of this for $30. They just try to wear you out, but I bet they have wasted several hundred dollars in processing time on this stupid $30 claim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.