My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Insurance Settlement


The check arrived in the mail yesterday. I drove through heavy traffic yesterday afternoon to deposit it in my bank account. The West Beaumont branch of the Bank of America is still closed. There is still a lot of activity around it. Rita must have done serious damage, or they are doing extensive remodeling.

Aaron came out yesterday morning. We agreed on more extensive work and a price. He had no problems with the additional items that I had on my list. Like my roofer he also has a RoadRunner internet account so we can communicate by email. Aaron said if I come up with more things I need to add to the list I can email him and he can adjust the price. He is trying to figure out his schedule and may be able to start the work next week. We are discussing not doing the painting until after I move out next August. He is afraid that he will have to spray the sheetrock because I have the old sand texturing. He thinks a roller or brush might pull the texturing off. He is probably right because I if I just brush against a wall the texturing grains come off. He is going to paint the kitchen as an experiment to see how the texturing behaves. The kitchen can be shutoff and not endanger any of my furniture. I am going to be very interested in the type of texturing on the walls in my new house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.