My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

House Cleaning


A whole month has gone by since I returned from the evacuation. I guess time flies not only when you are having fun but also when a bunch of stressful new problems enter your life. When I came home, the house was a mess—not too much of a mess but pretty messy by my standards. I had scattered things about as I packed for the evacuation. It took a while to regain the normal order. I made a resolution that I was going to do an hour of cleaning every day. I think I have stuck to that resolution about two-thirds of the time. I am seeing results. By cleaning I do not mean just normal dusting and vacuuming. I have been crawling around on my hands and knees running the vacuum’s crevice tool along the carpet edge and baseboards, dusting the baseboards, using the vacuum tools to get under all the furniture and using the vacuum dusting brush to clean all the grooves and crevices in my furniture. I still have a lot to do before I am really satisfied that I have won my war on dust. I have not started cleaning inside the closets. I climbed up on a step ladder yesterday to get something off the top shelf in my closet and the amount of dust up there made me shudder. I keep wondering if Hurricane Rita shook the house and made dust come out of the ducts. That is probably a stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.