My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

This Afternoon


The young man who my neighbor recommended for the sheetrock repairs came out this afternoon. He gave me a very reasonable bid. I immediately shook his hand and said you have a deal. I feel good about getting a local guy. On every street corner there are signs for various types of repairs. The vultures have moved in. The man I hired works for building contractors during the day. He is going to do my work in the evenings. My neighbors say he is a perfectionist.

The missing water bill finally arrived in today’s mail. The due date on it is October 24 so the city must be giving people extra time to pay their bills. I also got a CD-ROM from Del Webb’s Frisco Lakes. It was the standard Del Webb sales pitch. I have seen their sales propaganda for 30 years. The media changes, but the message is the same. They have given the price range, but there are no floor plans yet. I am ready to mentally start arranging my furniture in my new house.

I managed to work a hard SuDoku puzzle. This is only the second time I have successfully completed a hard level puzzle.

The lights dimmed several times a few minutes ago. The aberrations continue. The Beaumont Enterprise said power is restored to 80 percent of the city as of yesterday. I will be glad when all of the traffic signals are functioning again. The four-way stops are dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.