My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

When Things Get Tough – Go Shopping



I had an even better night’s sleep last night than I have had since the threat of Rita came into my life. I am eating normal foods. Yesterday I even did a little online shopping at L. L. Bean. I ordered a long-sleeve T-shirt that was a sale item. I thought it would be a good test to see if FedEx can still find me.

I will work on the freezer today. Aaron, the young man who is going to do the sheetrock repairs, said the sheetrock has to dry out before he can work on it. I noticed last night the taping between sections in the garage ceiling is coming off. The walls in the bedrooms are drying out, but the water has ended up in the garage ceiling. A neighbor two houses down has a similar ventilator grill in their attic and has similar water damage to mine, but they already have a big hole in their garage ceiling. I am keeping a close eye on the garage ceiling. I do not want anything falling down on my car.

RoadRunner is still erratic. I find if I unplug the cable modem and my wireless router, wait a few minutes, plug the cable modem back in, wait for the lights to come on, and then plug the router back in my pc can connect to the Internet. So many people complain about their cable service. It used to be bad here; but after Time Warner did the fiber optic upgrades, it has been wonderful for the past several years. I am sure they are working hard to get back to normal.

One more good thing came out of this ordeal. I checked my Hilton Honors account. My stays at the Hampton Inns were enough to qualify for the lowest level elite status with Hilton. Maybe I can enjoy some room upgrades next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.