My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Home


Home again! It was a wonderful trip to Savannah and Charleston. My plans to update this blog while traveling did not work out. Over the next several days I will publish a trip report.

The weather was as near perfect as could be hoped for. Thursday afternoon there was heavy rain. Thunderstorms were predicted for Friday but did not materialize. Three of the four flights were on time. The flight from Houston to Savannah was held on the runway for almost an hour because of storms to the north and west of Houston were causing the west bound planes to have larger than normal spacing between planes. The east bound planes were mixed in with the west bound planes. As a result, my east bound to Savannah plane sat there. The plane was scheduled to arrive at 10:47 PM. I was staying at a Hilton Garden Inn and knew their shuttle service stopped at midnight. I had one checked bag to retrieve. The pilot said he would be able to recover most of the lost time because of strong tail winds. He was right. The plane landed ten minutes late. I was relieved and thought I would be able to get the Hilton Garden Inn shuttle service.

I proceeded to baggage claim. I turned on my SprintPCS cell phone and there were no bars. I could not call the Hilton Garden Inn. I saw one of the hotel display boards near the baggage claim area. I was able to call the hotel, and they said they would send the van right over. I told them I had not yet claimed my bag and to wait 15 minutes before coming to the airport. I then went back to the conveyer belt. There were many people from my flight. We waited and waited some more. Luggage came in for another other flight on an adjacent conveyer belt. This plane landed after mine. I overheard an airport employee saying there was only one baggage handler crew, and they had three planes to unload. I went and called the Hilton again and told them of the delay. They said the shuttle had already left, and the driver would wait for me. Finally I got my bag and found the shuttle. It was 11:35 PM when I checked in to the hotel.

Tomorrow I will continue with my trip report. Today I will work on my pictures and try to upload some to Smugmug. I took 510 pictures. I uploaded them to my PC yesterday and have looked at them once. It will take some time to get them organized.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.