My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Packed


The ordeal is over. My suitcase is packed. Hopefully I have kept it under the fifty pound limit. The bag weighs nineteen pounds empty so that does not leave much room for error. I used to travel frequently and had no problem locating what I needed to take and putting it in the bag. I am out of practice and packing the bag was much more of a chore. I keep packing lists from past trips on my pc. Before I start packing I go through my old lists to find one that matches the climate and trip length of my current trip. I then edit it and print it out. As I pack each item, I check it off on my list. I can see as I get older my lists are going to be more and more valuable. I have another list for chores such as going to the bank, having the mail held, adjusting the thermostat, etc. When I check off the last item, I begin to relax. Then the stress returns as I wait for the airport limo and wonder what indignities TSA and the airline have waiting for me. I shall wear loafers that I can slip out of easily and put back on without falling and breaking my hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.