My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

History of Beaumont


I first moved to the Beaumont area in 1968. My knowledge of the city’s history is piecemeal at best. There are a number of museums in the area that I have visited that have filled me in on various aspects of the area’s history. The Spindletop Museum covers the discovery of the Lucas Gusher which started the oil boom in Texas. The French House Museum tells the story of one of the early settlers in the area. The McFaddin Ward Home gives insight to one of the city’s wealthy families through the early 1900’s. I found a website, Handbook of Texas Online: Beaumont, TX. This article added several details that I had not seen before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.