My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, March 28, 2005

ATM’s


My bank has recently installed a new ATM at the branch where I do my banking. It is long overdue. The old ATM had a black and white screen that was impossible to see early in the morning when the sun was glaring on it. I like to run my errands early in the morning. As a result, I would try to use the machine before the bank opened. I would try to shield the screen with my hands or a deposit envelope. One time I just could not see and had to press cancel to retrieve my card. I left without completing my transaction. The new ATM has a color display and the letters are big and bright. I am glad the bank finally solved one problem.

Now I wish they would do something to resolve my other problem. The ATM only has tens and twenties. Often I need ones or fives and have to time my visit to the bank so I can go to a teller to get the correct change. I use cash for very few transactions so it is difficult for me to get change any place other than the bank.

I have seen Bank of America’s commercials on TV on the new ATM’s that they are developing that do not require deposit envelopes. It is supposed to scan a check that is deposited and print out an image on the receipt. This is nice but I wish they would let the customer specify the denominations of the cash they receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.