My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Water Outage


Yesterday afternoon I noticed the water pressure was very low. An hour later there was just a dribble coming out of the faucets. I found the number to report an outage and started calling. I got nothing but busy signals. I was wondering how widespread the problem was; and if the water would be safe to drink when it returned. I checked the city’s and local television’s websites to see if anything had been posted. Finally I sent Channel 4 an email. Shortly after I got through to the water department. The woman I spoke with said the break had been fixed and the water would return shortly. She said the water was safe to drink.

Then I got the following email from Channel 4:

The following is a script we will run during the 6 o'clock news:

FLOODED STREETS AND YARDS AROUND NORTH MAJOR AND BLUE BONNET IN BEAUMONT THIS AFTERNOON WERE THE RESULT OF A WATER MAIN BREAK.

IT HAPPENED JUST OVER THREE HOURS AGO.

HOMEOWNERS IN THE AREA CALLED TO TELL US THEY SAW SNAKES COMING UP FROM THE SEWERS AS A RESULT OF THE FLOODING.

CREWS ARE WORKING TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM AND FIND OUT JUST WHAT CAUSED THE SITUATION.

I am glad I was far enough away that no snakes were seen in my neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.