My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Something New

On Friday I went to the water walking session in the Village Center indoor pool. It was fun, and I felt like I had a good workout. The best part was no joints hurt afterwards. The water walking is now being held on Fridays and Mondays so I am going back tomorrow. It is to be moved to the outside pool as soon as it opens. I have not heard the official date, but the pool is filled and the surrounding area looks complete. All it needs is the furniture.
 
I had my eleven month walk through of my house with a customer service manager. I had been keeping a list of the things that need to be corrected. He has lined up the service people to come on Wednesday. I will be glad when that is over. I am dreading it like a trip to the dentist. Speaking of the dentist I have an appointment on Thursday. It is just my six-month checkup and cleaning. I am aware of no problems so hopefully I will be able to go another six months.
 
The computer has been doing fairly well. iTunes sent another update. It installed without problem. I have no idea what improvements it delivered. One of the bloatware programs that Sony installed on the pc was Napster. I uninstalled it and went a whole week before the computer hung on shutdown, but it did it again on Friday. This morning when the computer booted the little computer WiFi icon did not load. I was afraid I was not connected, but my WiFi connection seems to be fine without the icon. I read an article that Microsoft intends to sent a number of hotfixes for Vista on this month's patch Tuesday. Maybe this time they will fix my problem.
 
Our Red Hat luncheon is on Tuesday. Again I ended up making the arrangements with the restaurant. We are going to Isabella's. I sent out the invitations through evite.com. Some of the ladies do not check their email and do not respond to the invitations. I am just going to add two to the total I give the restaurant and hope for the best.
 
I had an unbelievable experience with my Senseo coffee machine. It was not making a full mug of coffee. The manual said when that happens to descale the machine. I bought a bottle of descaler. I followed the directions in the manual. When I was in the final rinse procedure, the machine stopped running water through. I could not open the top. The trouble shooting part of the manual said that a vacuum had been pulled and to wait 24 hours for the top to open. Twenty-four hours went buy and the top still would not open. I started looking for a good deal on a new Senseo. I called Senseo customer service. The woman I talked to said to give the machine another 24 hours. She told be to be patient that it would eventually open. I told her I was thinking about buying a new one. She asked if I would like a rebate form. I said yes. She emailed the form to me. It is good until the end of 2007. After 48 hours the machine was still locked tight. At 51 hours I tried again. It made a loud popping sound and opened. I finished rinsing the machine. I made a mug of coffee. It filled the mug and has been working perfectly since. I thought this was a really strange experience. Whoever heard of being locked out of a coffee pot? I am glad I did not rush out and buy another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.