My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another Week

I will attempt to summarize the past week. Last year even though I was caught up in the stress of having a new house built and moving I managed to post something to the blog almost daily. Now that my life has settled into a new routine I just can't seem to spare the time to write.
 
Even my walking was disrupted by other demands on my time. I did walk two times. On Friday I went through the orientation on the fitness machines. I do not know if I am going to use them or not. Just a few minutes of using the machines caused my right knee to start hurting. I over did the walking a few years back and started the problem with the right knee. I am going to continue to walk on the track. The fitness director is recommending certain machines and has created a workout schedule for me to use. I will give it a try in a few days; but if it creates more knee pain, I am not going to use the machines.
 
On Monday I played canasta and in the evening I went to the Cooking with Karen demo. She prepared three different kinds of pasta salads. The samples were very good. On Wednesday a representative from G.E. gave a demo that was billed as convection cooking. Instead she demoed the Advantium speed cooking system which I do not have in my house. She did answer the one question about convection cooking. I did not know how to adjust a standard recipe for convection. She said you just enter the regular temperature and time that is stated in the recipe. The computer in the oven adjusts the time and temperature. I did not know that.
 
The trip to Fossil Rim Park proved to be more exciting than I had anticipated. I was almost attacked by an ostrich. I sat in the back of the open vehicle that transported us through the park so I would have an unobstructed view to take pictures. At one stop to feed the animals, an ostrich came running up to the back of the vehicle and stuck his long neck into the vehicle. I did not wait. I started climbing over the other passengers feet to get away. The bird got a hold of another passengers bag. Her quick thinking husband hit the bird in the face with his hat and kept the bird from biting me as I attempted to escape. At that point the driver finally stepped on the accelerator and we moved away.
 
On Friday night I went to the Meet Your Neighbor social and last night they had the monthly Flix and Mingle event. The movie was a comedy and was definitely more enjoyable that lasts month movie.
 
Yesterday morning I went to Sam's Club and bought the new Harry Potter book. I didn't get a chance to start reading it. It is going to take a while. Back in Beaumont I read the last two books straight through. That won't happen this time.
 
An amazing thing happened. I had ordered a pair of flip flops from LL Bean back in June. They were back ordered. LL Bean uses a service called SmartPost that is a combination of FedEx and US Postal service delivery. FedEx brings the package to the local post office and then the mailman delivers the package. Anyway my flips flops left Maine on June 19 and were delivered to me in Texas on June 21. That is much faster than the regular FedEx Home delivery that LL Bean normally uses. However, I have seen the SmartPost take two weeks to deliver a package. I was lucky this time.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.