My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Am Disgusted!

For several months I have been attempting to play bridge with the beginners group on Friday afternoons. The Bridge for Dummies book has three recommended web bridge sites. I thought I would check out the sites and see if I could get some practice by playing against the computer. The first site on the list said up front that you had to download and install some software on the computer. I decided against that one because I still do not know what to expect from Windows Vista. The second site was MSN Games. I thought that one would be safe since MSN is a part of Microsoft. They should know how to handle Vista.
 
I was required to create an account and reveal what I considered to be too much personal information. Then I had to create a screen name. I made about five attempts at a screen name because all of my choices were already taken. Finally I was ready to play. At that point a message popped up that said I needed to install some software. I bit my lower lip and proceeded with the install. I had to jump over Vista's User Access Controls two or three times. Finally it appeared that I was ready to play. I had to go through the login procedure again. When I clicked on play the computer, it came back and told me I had to close and restart the browser.
 
I did as I was instructed. I found the web site again and logged in again. I chose play the computer again. At that point  a message came back and said their software was not compatible with Vista. Bah Humbug! Now I am wondering what problems I have created for my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.