My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lucky Break?

The second HP pc, which I had canceled, arrived in Dallas this morning. I was prepared to refuse the shipment. I had a pen and notebook at the front door. I intended to ask the driver for identification and record all the details. I also had my digital camera nearby to take his picture. By now you must be getting the idea I was very uneasy about refusing to accept the package. Around 9 AM I again checked the FedEx tracking information and this time it said delivery exception "incorrect address". The same thing had happened with the first HP pc. I had called FedEx immediately, assured them they had the correct address and gave them directions to my house. This time I saw no point in having them bring the package to me so I could refuse it. I went to a home owners orientation meeting this morning. When I got back home around 11:15, I again checked the FedEx tracking information and saw that at 8:46 AM they returned the package to the shipper, and it showed the new tracking number. The package is being sent priority overnight and is scheduled to be delivered in Memphis, TN, tomorrow. This is the same HP facility where the first pc was returned. Now I hope that Amex will be able to rapidly resolve the dispute and make the credit to my account permanent. This is really strange that FedEx is still having trouble with my address. There must be a special group that handles international packages which has not been updated on the new streets, but this time I am not complaining. I really think it is just plain crazy that HP is shipping computers directly from China to the end consumer.
 
Sony sent me a confirmation that they have shipped the pc along with a FedEx tracking number. It is scheduled for delivery on Friday. I will again be closely monitoring the FedEx tracking info. If I see a delivery exception, I will run to the phone. The Sony pc is only traveling from San Diego, CA. I had Googled "HP, problems, dv9000T, disputes." I found all kinds of people who have had bad experiences. I did the same thing with "Sony, Vaio, problems, AR, disputes" and found very little. Some day this will all be over and my life will be back to normal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.