My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Am Still Here

I can't believe that it has been a whole week since I have written anything for the blog. I am adapting to life without a pc. The second new pc should arrive a week from today. On Monday I received the second expedited warranty kit. I could hardly believe my eyes on Tuesday when the doorbell rang and the missing box to send the first pc back in for repairs finally arrive 7 days later than it should have according to the terms of the expedited warranty. I was able to catch the UPS driver and tell him I was refusing the delivery and to return the box to the sender. The first pc was delivered back to HP on Monday. I am hoping the second pc will be perfect, and I will never have to call HP for service.
 
Right now I am using a pc in the Frisco Lakes community center computer room. I can walk to the community center. This is the first time I have been able to use a pc here. The first time I tried the room was locked. The second time I tried I found that the pc's required a password and no one was able to tell me what to use. This morning I learned the pw.
 
I am becoming very familiar with the 800 numbers for various financial institutions. I have been able to pay a couple of bills by punching in numbers on the phone. I feel like I have returned to the dark ages.
 
My neighbors have been away for a few days. I have been picking up their mail and newspapers. They told me to read their newspapers. That has helped to fill the news void created by the lack of a pc. I am also working the Sudoku puzzle that is in the newspaper. I usually work the puzzles online.
 
Earlier in the week I joined the Frisco Senior Center. They have a really nice 11,000 sq. ft. facility at Frisco Square. A 6,000 sq. ft. addition to the building has been started. The building is brick and has the same style of architecture as the rest of Frisco Square. I visited the senior center in Beaumont one time. It was a decrepit old building that looked like it was donated World War II barracks. I never went back after one look. The Frisco Senior Center has computers, a number of classes, exercise classes, games, movies and lectures. It has exercise machines that are almost as nice as what we have at Frisco Lakes. There is no pool. Every month they have a several day trips. I signed up to go to the Science Museum and IMAX movie in late March. They are having trip to East Texas to see the dogwood and azaleas in bloom in March. That trip was full, but I put my name on a waiting list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.