My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Every few hours I check the order status on the HP website to see if a tracking number has been posted. So far it still has the same old message with a Feb. 27 estimated shipping date and says the tracking number will be posted upon shipment. I feel quite relieved that the pc apparently did not ship on Sunday. I have copies of all the emails regarding the cancellation printed and ready to mail to American Express.

Every morning I check the activity on my credit cards and note the information on my Palm calendar. I ordered the HP computer on Jan. 30. On Jan. 31 the charge posted to my credit card even though they did not ship the computer until Feb. 8. I am already having a much better experience with Sony. Their website clearly states your credit card will not be charged until the product ships. I can tell they have obtained an authorization on my card, but no charge has posted. The estimated ship date on the Sony is March 7. The order status still shows the computer as out of stock so I will not be surprised if the shipment is delayed. I am prepared to wait.

I have ordered the Sony computer from the Sony Style website. I checked their store location this morning and found that there is a Sony Style store in the Dallas Galleria. If problems develop with the Sony, perhaps I will be able to take it to the Sony Style store. I am optimistic that the Sony will be problem free. My old Vaio went four years and eight months with heavy use without one problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.