My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One Year Ago

One year ago I wrote the following: Around the World. I said by May of 2006 I would have the 190,000 AAdvantage miles needed for a business class around the world ticket. It is now May, 2006, and I have the miles, but my life has been in such a state of upheaval since Hurricane Rita struck that I have not given my around the world trip much thought. A year ago I had no idea that I would go through the evacuation and aftermath of a hurricane, and that I would be selling my house and having a new one built.
 
Right now I doubt whether I have the physical stamina to make a 4 to 6 week trip. After I am settled in my new home I am going to start thinking about the trip again. I have the itinerary that I was planning saved on my computer. It will be much easier to start and end this trip at American Airlines' big DFW hub than it would have been to drive from Beaumont to Houston and fly from there. If I do not make the around the world trip, I can use the miles for shorter trips, but an around the world trip would be the adventure of a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.