My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Few New Developments

It seem like every day a few more things are accomplished that bring the move to my new home closer. Yesterday was very productive. I got a call from the landscape architect who is starting to work on the plan for my yard. He was a very pleasant man with ties to Southeast Texas. His parents came from the area. We discussed the type of trees and plants I will have in my yard. He is going to work on a plan and email it to me. The internet is really making the long distance construction of my new home much easier. I wish it would have been available back in 1980's when my previous two houses were under construction, and I was located more than a hundred miles from them.
 
I received the weekly newsletter from the Frisco Lakes lifestyle director. She announced a new club called the friends of the library and gave an email address if you wished to donate books to the library. I had been hoping this would happen. I have so many paperback books that have been read once. I did not take them to Goodwill. They are going to Frisco.
 
The construction superintendent said the August 25 completion date for my house is still firm. He said my house would not be built as fast as the model homes were. Then they were building nine houses. Now they are building fifty for the first phase.
 
The weekly newsletter also said a block party was being planned for the first phase residents to be held in late August or early September. It looks like I will be moving right after Labor Day. This is really exciting.
 
The realtor from Coldwell Banker that Cendant Mobility referred came out to my house yesterday. I really liked her and told her I was not going to do any more shopping for an agent. One of the factors that caused me to settle on Coldwell Banker was the ease of use of their website. More and more people are finding their new homes on the internet. I think Coldwell Banker has the best search capability of their listings of any of the realtors serving Beaumont.
 
I started to think about making a trip to Frisco in mid June. There is going to be a meet your neighbors wine and cheese party. Then I got a jury summons for Beaumont Municipal Court in the mail yesterday. I vaguely remember being called for the Beaumont Municipal Court back in the 1970's. It is something that happens very infrequently, but I ask why now?
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.