My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Update

Yesterday morning I went to Sam's Club and bought some grocery items. Everything at Sam's comes in large, heavy packages. Loading the shopping cart, loading the car trunk, unloading the car trunk and placing my purchases in the kitchen was enough to trigger the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck. Whatever is going on is getting worse. I went for the heating pad. My appointment with the ophthalmologist was at 3:30. Heavy rain and thunderstorms moved into the area. The streets can flood so rapidly in Beaumont. I was tempted to cancel the appointment, but it had been rescheduled once already. My doctor is extremely busy so I decided to be brave and head out in the rain.
 
I got to his office at 3 PM. It was 4:45 when my name was called. A technician had me read the charts and measured the pressure in my eyes. My vision with my glasses is 20/20 and the pressure in each eye was 12 which is very good. She gave me the drops to dilate my eyes and had me go sit in the hall. At 5:45 I was called back in and told to take the chair in one of the examining rooms. I could see a woman waiting in another examining room across the hall. She was getting very upset with the wait. The nurse had told me that several eye doctor's in Port Arthur have not reopened their offices since the hurricane; and as a result, many new patients are coming to Beaumont. I always thought my eye doctor had too many patients before the hurricane.
 
Finally my doctor came in at 6:15. He said everything was looking good. I told him about the move, and he said that off hand he did not know of a doctor in Frisco. He said his nurse, Mary, had a brother in Frisco, and she had found an ophthalmologist for him. He said he would ask Mary to call me.
 
It was a little after 6:30 when I left the office. I had heard loud thunder all through the time I was waiting. It was so dark when I went outside that I could not wear the sun shield they had given me to put behind my glasses. I drove west on College. Even though it was getting dark the sun was still visible to the west. The sun was so low in the sky that my sun visor was not blocking it. It began to blind me. Instead of going all the way to Major Drive, I turned on Dowlen so I could drive north for awhile and get the sun out of my eyes. I finally had to go west again on Phelan. I was able to reach home safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.