My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, March 27, 2006

I Am Looking Forward

It is one week today since I signed the sales contract for my new house. It is amazing how I have changed over the past week. I have slept well every night since last Monday. It seems like magic the way I have stopped worrying and fretting. I am just so happy that I have a clear course in front of me.
 
Del Webb markets their communities as a lifestyle for active adults. There are so many activities and facilities in addition to the houses. There will be two swimming pools--one indoor and one outdoors. A good portion of the outdoor pool and area around it will  be covered to protect from the sun. There will be a ballroom that can be used for meetings, a library, a computer lab and various craft facilities. There is going to be state of the art exercise equipment equipped with video screens. You can watch TV or bring your own DVD's to watch while you exercise. There is going to be a second floor walking track which will be nice when the weather is bad. There are going to be six miles of outdoor walking trails along the lakes. All of the houses will have five foot wide sidewalks in front of them. There will be an 18 hole golf course and club. I am not a golfer, but I am really looking forward to getting more exercise and participating  in many of the activities.
 
The lifestyle director is already holding meetings for the people in the Dallas area who are moving into Frisco Lakes. They have had dinner meetings. They are going to have a trip to Branson, Missouri, in the fall. They have planned trips to sports and racing events in the Frisco/Dallas area. Frisco Lakes will have their own website for residents where all of the community information will be available. I am on the email mailing list that the lifestyle director has started. I wish I were in Dallas so I could attend their meetings.
 
The really nice thing about the lot that I got is that it is located within walking distance of the activities center. I think I will be more apt to use the facilities if I can walk out the door to them rather than getting in my car and driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.