My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My New Home

It is real. I signed the contract and paid my earnest money on Monday. So far I have had no signs of buyer's remorse. I just feel relieved and happy that the agonizing, analyzing and worrying are behind me. On Tuesday I made all my color selections. I dreaded making the choices, but I was surprised at how quickly I made my decisions. I just found a combination of carpet, tile, granite, Corian, cabinet stain, wall color that all fit together really well in my opinion.
 
I literally went through high water on Sunday to get to Frisco. Many areas in the Dallas metropolitan area flooded. The only way the drive could have been worse was if there were tornadoes swirling around me. I was shaking when I reached the hotel in Frisco. This morning I drove non-stop from Frisco to Beaumont. Now that spring has arrived the weather turned cold. The temperature was near freezing when I left Frisco, but it was a beautiful day. Even Beaumont turned much colder. I had left the air conditioning on in my house and had to switch to heat when I found the house was down to 67 degrees when I got home.
 
On Tuesday morning I was able to get into the Walden model home. They have made a tremendous about of progress since I went through it on March 6. The model is now completely furnished. The landscapers were putting the finishing touches on the landscaping. Del Webb plans to have the public grand opening on April 1. I took 60 pictures of details of the Walden. I have uploaded them to my PC and rapidly scanned through them. I will be studying them in great detail over the next few days.
 
I was really disappointed that I did not have my sales meeting until the third day. One of the sales associates told me 80 people logged on to the website between 11:00 and 11:01 AM last Wednesday. They told me 108 homes had been sold when I first walked in on Monday morning. Every one of the lots that I was interested in for the first release was already sold. I was so disappointed. I did not want to wait until October and go through another complete hurricane season in Beaumont. I told them I was thinking about getting in my car and leaving. Then I told them about a very sad story about a 65 year old woman who was healthy before Rita hit and passed away from a massive stroke after Rita. I had read the story in the Beaumont Enterprise before I left home on Sunday. I almost cried. My chin was quivering. My sales associate went over in the corner and started whispering to three men. One was the Del Webb vice president who is in charge of Frisco Lakes. He came over to me and made an offer that I could not refuse. I got a house on the culdesac that I wanted for the first release that is projected to be mid July. I am so happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Lumoto said…

    Wow, Sally! How exciting for you! Are you going to put some of the pics online - share your color choices? I'm really happy for you that all is falling right into place!
    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.