My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Frisco Again

Tomorrow I am driving to Frisco and will sign the sales contract for Frisco Lakes on Monday providing there is still an acceptable lot available. The weather forecast is not encouraging for Beaumont nor Frisco. Both places are supposed to have thunderstorms with some that may be severe. I am glad I had good weather on the first driving trip. It will be easier to cope with the weather now that I am somewhat familiar with the roads. If everything goes as planned, I will be making the color selections for my house on Tuesday. Del Webb allows very little customization of the houses. They have samples of carpet, cabinets, brick, etc. available. All three of my previous homes required that I run around to a number of different stores to make my selections. After I sign the contract, I will be finished with Rita and will be turned over to a construction supervisor as my primary contact. I will meet with this individual several times during the construction process. Del Webb has an outline of the construction process on their website and spells out at what points the meetings will be held. This is all very different from my dealings with small builders in the past.
 
I am going to check out a storage place on this trip and find out about leasing space to store my china and crystal. I will take as much as practical on the trips during the construction process.
 
I have only told one neighbor of my plans. It is interesting how the word is spreading around the street. Yesterday when I went out to get my mail a man from up the street came over and said he heard that I was leaving. I told him that I was going to a Del Webb community in the Dallas area. He was somewhat familiar with Del Webb. I mentioned that Del Webb is starting a third community in Texas in the San Antonio area in late summer. He told me he wanted to get more information on that one because he really wants to get out of Beaumont too. He is originally from San Antonio. His wife has developed a disability and will soon be wheelchair bound. He thought that the Del Webb houses would be built with wide doorways and with other features to accommodate the wheelchairs. There are some features such as grab bars on the tubs and shower, but Del Webb is promoted as an active adult community so I do not know if Del Webb would meet my neighbors needs.
 
Judging from my present physical condition and my family history I am estimating that I have fifteen to twenty active years to enjoy. However, my neighbors comments did make me pause. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.