My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Still Sorting and Eliminating

Due to the trip to Frisco I fell behind my schedule for sorting my belongings and eliminating the unneeded. I finished the room I call the den before the trip. After I returned, I went through the cabinets in the hall bathroom. That job was fairly simple. I had not accumulated much junk in there. Now I am working on the bedroom that I call the library. I have a Fiber McGee's closet in there. I am estimating that the closet alone is a four day job. I only work for one to two hours per day on this project.
 
Yesterday I cleaned the top shelf and this morning I cleaned the second shelf. There was a Pong game, an old hand-held slide viewer and some important papers that should be in the filing cabinet. I have to clean the filing cabinet before there is room for them. Also there were all sorts of course materials on early computer software. Who remembers Windows 2.0? There were courses on Lotus Symphony, 1-2-3, Manuscript and Agenda. There were jigsaw puzzles, Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue, a set of dominoes, and bridge for one. They are all going to Goodwill.
 
I called the Salvation Army yesterday. The lady I talked to asked me if they could come out today. I did not expect that they would be able to come so soon. I had planned to do my grocery shopping this morning, but I am so ready to have them haul out heavy items that I said that would be fine. I rushed out and bought my groceries yesterday afternoon.
 
I looked at the Lions Club website and found that LensCrafters has collection boxes for old eyeglasses. I called the Parkdale Mall store and they confirmed that they would take my donation. I had bagged the old glasses several weeks ago but was unable to leave them at the TSO because the shop received extensive hurricane damage and is still closed. I thought they might have reopened. I called yesterday and the recording said they were still closed. They have another shop in Silsbee. They gave instructions on how to order contact lenses. I am really glad that I do not wear contacts anymore. That would be terrible to have to go to Silsbee if I lost a lens.
 
When I finish cleaning the library, I will be through with the upstairs rooms. Downstairs should not be as difficult. There are cabinets in the utility room that have quite an accumulation. Also there is a storage closet under the stairs. That is where my Christmas tree and my handmade ornaments are stored. I lived in Houston when I last put up my Christmas tree. It will go to Goodwill. I have not decided if I will part with the ornaments. I do not think there are too many things that need to go in the kitchen. I do not cook many things from scratch any more. I have not accumulated too many kitchen gadgets since I have lived here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.