My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Off to Frisco I Go

Tomorrow I am driving to Frisco. When I went there in late January, I drove to Houston and flew from IAH to DFW. This will be the first time I have driven to Dallas. During the evacuation I drove to Texarkana and then to Frisco and on down to Richardson. I drove back to Beaumont from Richardson. This trip will be very different than my last driving trip there. I drove to Frisco from Texarkana with only a state map of Texas in the car. I am a member of AAA and had gotten their driving directions from the website. I did not have access to a printer so I had copied the directions by hand from the pc display to a piece of paper. The drive down to Richardson from Frisco terrified me. I did not realize that the road was a tollway. I had to go through multiple toll booths and did not have correct change. Getting into the correct lanes for manned toll booths made a nervous wreck out of me.
 
This time I am well armed with maps and books I bought the Mapsco Dallas Street Guide: mapsco.com. It is a massive book. I also have the latest tour book, maps and Triptik from AAA. I have decided to exit the freeway in Richardson and drive north on Coit Road through Plano to Frisco. I will not have to contend with the tolls, and it will give me a chance to see a little of Plano. I want to get a feel for the driving distance from Frisco to Plano. The Dallas light rail (DART) runs as far north as Plano. I think it will be fun to drive down to Plano and take the train to points of interest in Dallas. I have been studying the websites for the Dallas Farmers' Market and Dallas Flower and Garden Show. I think little trips to those places would be nice outings after I am settled in Frisco.
 
I think retracing the my steps through Richardson will remind me of just what a horrendous event the evacuation was. It will fortify my determination to leave Beaumont. Every so often I get a case of cold feet. and am worrying about everything associated with the move, but I keep repeating the old cliche to myself--nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I have been reading your blog for awhile. My life has been sort of parallel to yours. I just moved from Orange to North Louisiana after 35 years in the same place. It was hard, but has turned out great. I bought a new patio home so I could be closer to my parents,who are in declining health. I love it here and I think you will love North Texas. I wish I were still in Texas because I am a Texan, but this move has been wonderful.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Sandy,

    Thanks for the comment. Good luck with your parents. I went through a very difficult time before my parents passed away. I was in Texas, and they were in Arizona. I am an only child.

    I was born and reared in the Kansas City area. I think Dallas will be good for me. I have never really adapted to the Southeast Texas culture.

    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.